|Watson690 and MoD1982.|
If you want to watch what we've got so far, have a look here and here. Also check out our Facebook page and click Like on us, you know you want to!
Now the shameless plug is out of the way, let's bring our attention back towards Ethea, or more accurately MoD's World.
About two months ago I stopped paying the bills for the server rent and let it go inactive. The server was constantly plagued with problem after problem, and on the rare days we had no issues we had massive parties to celebrate. So far, there has been just one party. And there was cake. And we laughed. And laughed. And laughed.
Now however, Minecraft releases seem to have settled down somewhat. I believe I'll wait til 1.2.6 or whatever release comes out(along with its subsequent Bukkit) and then reactivate it, ensuring that permissions are properly configured this time. This gives me plenty of time to find another server host, as Daddycheese looked quite good initially but have been nothing short of a pain in the arse ever since. They're fine for the small server I rent for the M:IT series but for bigger stuff it's been a constant source of frustration. Seriously, most of the issues we've had have been mostly due to their end corrupting or breaking stuff. We only ever had a maximum of about ten plugins at any given time, all were up to date and all were popular ones that wouldn't clash. Not to mention the fact the server kept running out of RAM after an hour of just one person being online, US players getting more lag than would normally be acceptable for an EU-based server, and blahblah you get the general idea by now.
With some luck Sakul and Avii are still up for being op on the server, and everyone else is willing to come back and have some fun once again. I for one can't wait to get the Death Egg up and running properly :D
Before I close this short entry off, here's a list of updates that's coming with 1.3. More bug fixing, and some iteration on existing game mechanics. Credit to the Minecraft Wiki for this.
- Fix for glitchy mob prediction in multiplayer.
- Large amount of internal changes.
- Silk Touch will be able to pick up ice again.
- Modding API to officially support third-party plugins.
- Plugins will be easy to install by simply dropping them into a folder.
- Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually.
- Easier item manipulation within inventory
- Dispensers can place Minecarts on rails and Boats in water.
- While in Creative Mode, players can supply a powered minecart with fuel by right clicking it as if they were holding coal.
- Commands in Singleplayer.
- Optional bonus chests placed close to the player when created a new world.
- Demo mode playable through non-premium Minecraft.net accounts.
- Different crafting recipe for books.
- Added Book and Quill
- Ability to write in books, save them to edit later, and sign them and title them to finish off the book.
- New slabs of the 3 new plank types.
- Wood slabs behave as wood, not as stone.