01/01/2020

Go Back To Zero

So I've been wanting to write a blog for a while now. I've written one on and off over the years, be it this one, a LiveJournal, something for a wargaming show... Usually the content goes down well, but RL tends to rear its head once in a while and certain projects get put on the back burner.

If you're still with me at this point, you're probably looking at that first paragraph thinking "dude, the first part is meant to be upbeat to pull readers in!" and you're right, you're absolutely right! But then again I've never been one to submit clickbait articles in any shape or form and that's the way it's going to stay.

So hi there, I'm MoD(yep, it's an acronym). This very blog has been a home for me on and off, and looks like we're back on again! I've wiped all the older entries and we're going to have a fresh start with rabid writings and occasional rants.
I intend for this to be a diary of sorts; I'm throwing myself more and more into livestreaming and RL is heading in a particular direction with my partner of 9 1/2 years, Mirtai.We're about to embark on the most amazing whirlwind adventure yet and it frightens me, it scares me, but the possibilities are endless and while I'm hesitant to go down that particular road it's looking ever more likely that this is a path the pair of us are going to have no choice but to embrace.

Now if you're reading this within a day or two of its publishing, you'll have most likely come from my Twitter account. I'll have mentioned in a livestream or two that big changes are coming, and I'll wager some of you are putting the clues together. If you do know, please keep it to yourself for now. If you don't then within a couple of months, all will become very clear to you! I will reveal all in a future stream of Euro Truck Simulator 2, which is where I do the vast majority of my RL news.

"So, MoD," I hear you ask, "if ETS2 is where you do a lot of your rambling about Real Life stuff, what's the point of this?"
Well sometimes I just like to write. I'm far more articulate with the pen than the tongue, always have been. Sometimes I just like to sit down and have a good ol' rant or discussion about a topic that's on my mind. Part of it is wanting to give people an insight into my life in a manner that I can control - I'm happy for people to get to know me, but I've had one too many invasion of privacy over the years, so it's going to be on my terms as much as possible. Part of it is I might be wanting to get all excited over upcoming content for a game I enjoy. Part of it is just enjoying writing.

I could go on, but alas this was meant to be a brief "Hi I'm back" and I've now started on my sixth paragraph. I haven't even mentioned how often I'm going to try and update this! For now, I'll love you and leave you to your own devices, and leave you hanging as to when the next entry will be.

Dream big,
~MoD1982.

Parting shot: Square Enix, you really don't need to hype the FFVII Remake any more by "accidentally" leaking the upcoming demo. The hype train is well and fucking truly in motion by this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment